Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Black Friday






I'm so excited! I mean, don't get me wrong. I love Thanksgiving--the food, my family, being lazy all day. But I LOVE to shop!!! I'm excited for Black Friday!!!

Every year for the past four years, I have gone shopping with my husband's family. When they first asked me, I was hesitant because they get up early (I mean, EARLY) and if you know me, you know I'm not a morning person. But after that first year in 2003, I was hooked. We have a blast shopping then we go out and have a few drinks at the end of the day (and you know I'm all for that!).


In 2005, Jason's sister and aunt started a new tradition--gift bags. So this year is my year to give them out, and I can't wait for them to open their gifts. It's mostly small stuff like lip gloss, hand sanitizer, a toothbrush and paste, nail file--all basic necessities for a great shopping day. But, for each person, there is some sort of gag gift to fit the personality. The first year I got a disposable camera since I'm the scrapbooker. I won't bore you with all the details but I wanted to show you the bags I put together this year.


I tried to get all felt bags so we could use them year after year. The only one I didn't find in felt was an angel bag (my sister-in-law loves angels). Anyways, several of the girls in the family sew so maybe someone will make her one next year.
They are all from Michael's except the snowflake one which is from Target. The little reindeer one is for Jason's cousin, Dallas. I'm not sure if he is going this year, but he has driven us several years in the past and it's kind of a little thank you for him. Maybe it will encourage him to try to go next year.


I made the tags for most of them. It was fun and I hope they like them. Happy shopping to you and yours!!!

No comments: